2011. március 31., csütörtök

Bookshelf...

When you hear the word "bookshelf" there is an image that pops into your mind. What kind of image is that? Is it your bookshelf or is it an ideal one from a library? Maybe it's a photo you remember from the past?

Everybody can be figured out by his/her books. What types, genres or lenghts you read, describe you. My inspiration for this came from a person's bookshelf, I've realized this afternoon. Having a basic knowledge of this person, it wasn't suprising what I found. But what if you don't know a person and you can take a glance at his/her bookcase, before you know him/her? I think this is a part of a person which can tell much about one.

My bookcase has separated parts for the different types of books. There is a big part where I keep my English and other foreign language books. Then there are some encyclopaedias for the reliable information. I have a shelf for entertaining literature and light readings. Here I have : Stephen King, Jude Deveraux, Shakespeare and many more that can give me some quality freetime and make me relax. And then the dictionaries which are very handy when the internet is out and you have to look up something.

As we heard once:  "We are what we read". So how does your bookshelf look like? :)

7 megjegyzés:

  1. I agree:) I am reading a psychological book..so what does it say? = I am a thinking person.
    What is your favourite book?

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Let my favourite book remain a mystery...:).
    Psychological books are interesting too.:D

    VálaszTörlés
  3. And what if I don't really like reading? For example I have some books from my childhood with lots of pictures and I have some encyclopaedias and dictionaries. If you saw my bookshelf, what would you think about me?

    VálaszTörlés
  4. Well...this tells us that you collect your information and vocabulary from a different source. You must spend your freetime with something else...
    But it still doesn't mean that you don't read. Maybe you find reading books too boring and lengthy...you like to get the information quickly. Maybe from the web.
    Am I right? :)

    VálaszTörlés
  5. hmmmm....maybe :)
    I don't really like reading, just those that are interesting and not required.

    VálaszTörlés
  6. Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a szerző.

    VálaszTörlés